Weeknight Chicken Curry
This is an easy meal recipe from Hayley Lucero (@realfoodwithaltitude) that is perfect for meal prep. It's delicious and stays good in the fridge all week long!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1 package cauliflower rice cooked according to package
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onion
Cut uncooked chicken breast into thin slices. Put one Tbsp avocado oil in a hot pan and add sliced chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook slices are no longer pink (or 160 degrees).
Meanwhile, clean your green beans- Wash and chop ends off. Thinly slice cabbage. Once the chicken is cooked, set aside. To the same pan, add another 1 Tbsp avocado oil and add green beans, cabbage, onion, and garlic to the pan. Sauté for approximately 10 minutes.
Once chicken is cooked, set aside. To the same pan add another 1 Tbsp avocado oil and add green beans, cabbage, onion and garlic to the pan. Sautee for approximately 10 minutes.
In the same pan, add coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, coconut aminos, sriracha, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer this mixture with the veggies for 5 minutes. Add chicken breast back into mixture and saute for another 5 minutes.
While curry and veggies are sautéing, cook your cauliflower rice according to package.
Serve cauliflower rice first, then pour over chicken, veggies and curry over rice. Garnish with cilantro and green onions. Enjoy!
1. Customize and use your favorite curry
2. Make your own cauliflower rice from a head of cauliflower if you want to save money or have “firmer” riced cauliflower
3. Use any and all veggies that you like- broccoli and snow peas would be great additions
4. Make leftovers and use for lunch- this meal saves great
5. Add additional Sriracha if you want more spice
6. Use that leftover frozen chicken in your freezer for an even quicker meal