Chicken Noodle Soup
On the cold days, the sick days, and just about any day, nothing hits the spot quite like a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup. Thanks to @pennsyprimal, this classic can be enjoyed while following Whole30 and Paleo diets, so you can whip out a pot and make a double batch to freeze some for those tough days when you don't feel up to cooking.
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (1 small)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups, chicken bone broth
- 14.5 oz can hearts of palm "spaghetti"
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill, chopped or 1 Tbsp dried
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp ghee
Melt ghee in large pot.
Add onions and saute until soft.
Add garlic and stir one minute.
Add broth, celery, and carrots and bring to a slow boil.
Add chicken, "noodles" and spices.
Simmer about 30 minutes.