Thanksgiving Pork Loin with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Take a break this year and serve Greensbury's organic boneless pork loin roast filled with herbed stuffing, cranberries & sweet potatoes at this Thanksgiving table.Why spend all day cooking Thanksgiving dinner when you can create a traditional, delicious meal with just one non-traditional, simple dish? This year may we suggest you take a simpler approach to dinner by serving Greensbury's organic boneless pork loin roast filled with the best parts of Thanksgiving: herbed stuffing, cranberries and honey cinnamon sweet potatoes. Serve with a harvest salad or fresh vegetables and you have the perfect light holiday meal!
Category: Holiday, Main Dish
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 45 min
- 1 Greensbury Organic Boneless Pork Loin Roast
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter, separated
- 1/2 cup panko (or traditional) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup organic chicken stock
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Instant-read thermometer
- Meat pins or toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, add cranberries and cover with orange juice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cranberries are plump and orange juice is absorbed. Remove from heat and let set aside.
- While cranberries simmer, in a separate skillet, heat butter over medium heat and add shallots. Cook until shallots are softened and start to brown. Add celery and cook for 3 more minutes. Add breadcrumbs, sage, and 1/4 tsp salt and stir to combine. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until breadcrumbs are slightly toasted. Pour in chicken stock and stir until fully absorbed into breadcrumb mixture. Add more if needed for desired consistency.
- Fold cranberries into stuffing mixture and remove from heat.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly pork loin:
-With fat cap side down, make a cut lengthwise down the middle of the roast, stopped 1/2" before cutting through the opposite side so that two sides of the loin stay attached.
-Rotate the knife sideways so it is parallel with the cutting surface and place blade at the base of the cut you just made, facing the left side. Making shallow cuts, slice left side of loin along plane of cutting surface and unroll loin into 1/2" thick rectangle.
-Repeat this method on the right side of the loin, facing the blade to the right and unrolling until the entire loin is now a 1/2" thick rectangle.
-Cover loin with parchment paper and pound/roll with rolling pin until slightly flattened and evened out.
- Spread prepared stuffing and cranberry mixture over butterflied loin, leaving 3/4" border on all sides. Wipe skillet to reuse for potatoes.
- Starting on a short side of the loin, roll tightly and secure ends with meat pins or toothpicks. Sprinkle top of loin with salt and pepper.
- Place loin on a baking sheet and roast until internal temperature reached 145 degrees, checking temp starting at 30 minutes.
- While loin roasts, heat 1 Tbsp butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add diced sweet potatoes, honey, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Stir to fully coat potatoes. Reduce heat to medium and cook, turning frequently, until potatoes are slightly browned and softened. Remove from heat.
- When loin internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, remove from oven and let rest 3-5 minutes. Slice into rounds, top with sweet potatoes and pomegranate seeds and serve!