These are an easy summer meal from Hayley Lucero (@realfoodwithaltitude) that are soy-free and made with minimal ingredients. They can also be Whole30 and Paleo depending on how you serve them!
1 lb ground chicken
- 4 slices Fresh Pineapple
- 1/4 Red Onion Cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 head Bib Lettuce
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
2 Tbsp Soy-Free Teriyaki Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Soy-Free Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
Heat your pan to medium-high heat and add avocado oil.
Combine ground chicken, no so teriyaki sauce, ginger powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Make 4 equal-sized patties and add them to the hot pan. Cook for about 8 minutes per side or until the internal temp is 165 degrees.
While the chicken is cooking, slice your pineapple and onions. Also, combine all the Teriyaki Drizzle ingredients into a bowl. Whisk until combined.
When chicken is cooked, add the sliced pineapple to the same pan and heat for about 4 minutes per side.
Assemble the burgers. I like to do lettuce, pineapple, chicken burger, onions then drizzle on the sauce. However, you can do it however you like!
- Use chicken or turkey- works great with both.
- If you are fining the meat is dry when you mix it, you can add an egg. Another reason why I love Greensbury meat is because I never find it dry.
- Serve with whatever toppings you like! Make extras to freeze for a day you need an emergency meal or don't feel like cooking.
- I don't recommend making these on the grill unless you have a flat top because they will fall through.
Hayley Lucero is a Whole30 Certified Coach and a Colorado native with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Nutrition and a Masters in Health Promotion. She believes food is medicine and as a full time health coach, she loves helping people change their lifestyle to feel their best. When she is not working, you can find her doing all the “Colorado things”: skiing, snowboarding, hiking, working out or hanging with her new puppy.