This 7 ingredient meal from Hayley Lucero (@realfoodwithaltitude) is perfect for a super easy weeknight meal! It's Whole30, Paleo-friendly and a quick and delicious way to nourish the whole family. Feel free to use whatever ground meat you have on hand.
1 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Red Onion diced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives Halved, Black Olives will work too
- 8 oz Trader Joe's Vegan Kale, Cashew, Basil Pesto
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice the spaghetti squash in half length wise and scrape the seeds out. Place the squash skin side down and coat the center with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
When the oven is hot, place the sheet pan with the spaghetti squash into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
While the squash is cooking, preheat a pan to medium-high heat. Brown the ground chicken, then add tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and olives. Saute for about 5 minutes.
When the spaghetti squash is fork tender, remove from the oven. Scrape out the inside of the squash to male "spaghetti". Add this to the pan of the veggie mixture and add the pesto. Mix everything until is is combined and evenly coated with pesto.
This step is optional: Place the spaghetti mixture into an oven safe pan and bake for 5 minutes.
Optional toppings: red pepper flakes and your favorite cheese (dairy-free or not).
Serve and enjoy!
- If you are cooking for a family that doesn’t like spaghetti squash, use their favorite noodles!
- You can use any ground meat you have on hand.
- Trader Joe’s vegan pesto is my favorite dairy-free pesto, but you can use your favorite!
- Like I mentioned above, use the Instant Pot or microwave to make cooking the spaghetti squash even faster.