Tostadas & Tacos: Skirt Steak Edition
Who doesn't enjoy tacos & tostadas? At Greensbury, we love using our meats and seafood to elevate these household favorites, plus we'll take any excuse to host a taco night. Here's a great recipe, adapted from Bon Appetit, for skirt steak tostadas or tacos with a red cabbage slaw.
What you'll need
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 large head of red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 organic, grass-fed skirt steak (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 small corn tortillas for tacos or to fry into tostadas
- Chopped cilantro and lime, for serving
Whisk apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, and yogurt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage and scallions, toss to coat. Season cabbage and scallion mixture with Kosher salt, to taste. Set aside
Season organic, grass-fed skirt steak with Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with cumin. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook skirt steak until browned, about 3 minutes each side for medium-rare. Transfer the skirt steak to a cutting board and let sit about 10 minutes before slicing.
If you're making tostadas, pour oil in a small skillet to 1/4 depth. Heat over medium. One at a time, fry tortillas for about 1 minute each side (until crisp). Transfer to paper towels or a plate to cool.
Top your tostadas or tacos with steak, slaw, and cilantro. Serve with lime.