This yummy recipe by Christi Flaherty is super quick and easy enough to meal prep for the whole week. Greensbury can help you by delivering Organic, Grass-Fed Skirt Steak straight to your door.
1 lb skirt steak
1 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp rendered beef fat, avocado oil or coconut oil
1 red onion, sliced 1/4″ thick lengthwise
2 bell peppers, any color, sliced 1/4″ thick
Compound Garlic Butter or Ghee, optional
Limes, quartered for squeezing
- To Serve
Guacamole, pico de Gallo, Greek yogurt or sour cream (regular or non-dairy), Cheese (if tolerant), Lettuce leaves or tortillas
- Mix salt and spices together.
- Lay the steak(s) on a cookie sheet and towel dry with a paper towel. Liberally season with spice blend.
- Heat fat in large cast iron skillet until smoking. (Make sure vent is on!)
- Lay the skirt steak in a single layer in the skillet carefully. Let it sit without disturbing for 2-3 minutes. When it easily detaches from the skillet and is very brown, turn it over and cook on the second side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes. (Use a cutting board with a groove around the edge to catch juices.)
- Cook the vegetables in the hot skillet while the steak is resting.
- Slice the steak as shown above (across the grain with the knife at a 45 degree angle). Slice the compound butter if using and distribute slices all over the beef to melt.
- Sprinkle the veggies and steak with lime juice and toss to distribute.
- Serve on a warm platter or back in the hot skillet.