Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
When time is of the essence, don't compromise taste & have Greensbury's organic, free-range chicken delivered to make fajitas while having time for the important things in life.
Sheet pan chicken fajitas is a recipe that you can whip up quickly, particularly when you purchase our chicken fajita strips. Already sliced, these are ready to go for a quick, fulfilling dinner.
- 20oz organic chicken thighs or antibiotic-free, free range chicken fajitas
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- Fresh lime juice
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Small corn tortillas
- 1 medium bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow or red onions, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Guacamole or sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 500°F. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven while it heats.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and garlic together in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken pieces one by one into the marinade, flipping each one to coat. Arrange the chicken into an even layer.
- Let sit at room temperature while you heat the oven, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet out of the oven.
- Remove chicken from the marinade
- Place in a single layer on the hot baking sheet.
- Roast until just cooked through or it registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- Stack tortillas on aluminum foil and wrap completely in the foil.
- Place the bell peppers and onions in a large bowl, drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a large plate or cutting board, tent loosely with foil, and set aside to rest.
- Transfer the bell peppers and onions onto the now-empty baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Place the baking sheet on the upper rack and place the foil packets of tortillas on the lower rack. Roast until the bell peppers and onions are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Transfer the bell peppers to a serving bowl or platter. Serve with the warmed tortillas, guacamole or avocado, salsa, sour cream, and lime wedges.