Preeti's Organic Pesto Chicken with Saffron Pilaf
Preeti's Organic Pesto Chicken with Saffron Pilaf is a perfect way to use Greensbury's organic free-range poultry to create a new, exciting, and delicious dish!
Thank you Preeti from Hudson Wellness for your great recipe!
- Greensbury organic chicken breast
- Marinate in 1/2 tsp nutmeg and peanut oil and sea salt
For the pesto:
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
For the pilaf:
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tsp cumin
- Saffron (few strands)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate chicken breast in olive oil, sea salt and nutmeg in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Preheat an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan.
- Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through (or an instant read thermometer reaches 160 degrees).
- Cover the chicken with foil and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Directions for the pesto:
- Add the nuts to a food processor along with the garlic, parsley, mint leaves and a pinch salt
- Process until they form a paste
- Gradually blend in olive oil, taste adjust your seasoning if necessary
Directions for the rice:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add 2 tsp of cumin seed and sauté till dark brown
- Add peas and saute
- Add rice and saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp of warm milk.
- Add enough water to cover rice and cook in a pressure cooker for 10 min
- Slice the grilled chicken and coat with the pesto
- Serve chicken on a bed of saffron rice pilaf