Our Top 10 Summertime Burgers
Your grill grates are cleaned, the forecast is sunny, and you’ve got our tasty grass-fed-and-finished beef defrosted. But what to make exactly? To help you out, we’ve gathered our 10 summer burger recipes.
It’s all set. Your grill grates are cleaned, the forecast is sunny, and you’ve got our tasty grass-fed-and-finished beef defrosted. The perfect BBQ for you and your loved ones is almost complete. The only thing missing is a flawless menu -- but fear not!
Simply by eating our grass-finished beef you have a huge head start. With less toxins than traditional grain-fed beef, and that deliciously distinctive grass-fed taste, you can confidently place our beef at the front and center of your flavor profile. But, a few minutes of extra prep work will take your BBQ from great to gourmet.
To help you out, we’ve gathered our 10 summer burger recipes. We even tossed in my 7 essential burger cooking tips. Now all you’ve got to worry about is preparing for the title of Grill Master - Summer 2018.
7 Burger Cooking Tips
- Always season your patties with salt and pepper. Don’t mix them into the ground beef.
- Oil your grill grates before you start to prevent sticking.
- Get the most flavor by not pressing down on your patty.
- Don’t flip the burger until it has a good sear.
- Don’t pierce your patty with a fork. All the juices will run out and you’ll lose flavor.
- Use the internal temp to know when it’s finished cooking.
- Rare: 120-125
- Medium Rare: 130-135
- Medium Well: 150-155
- Well Done: 160-165
7. Let your burger rest and reabsorb juices before eating. This is our most important tip!
Our Top 10 Summer Burgers
1. The Oldie-But-Goodie
An all-American classic perfect for your next cookout.
- Ingredients: Iceberg Lettuce, Tomatoes, White Onion, American Cheese, Ketchup, Mustard, Brioche Bun
- Special Instructions: Season our ground beef with onion powder and garlic powder
2. Jalapeño Popper Burger
Kick things up a notch with this spicy burger!
- Ingredients: Jalapeño and Cream Cheese stuffed patty, White Bun
3. The Red, White, and Blue Cheese Burger
Savory, funky, and great for the 4th of July.
- Ingredients: Blue Cheese, Butter Lettuce, Tomato, Mayo, Potato Bun
4. The Juicy Lucy
Unleash your inner cheese-lover with this juicy burger
- Ingredients: Cheddar Stuffed Patty, Lettuce, Tomato, Potato Bun
5. The Baby Can You Chive My Car Burger
Inspired by Bob's Burgers, this burger is delicious to fans and non-fans alike!
- Ingredients: Fried Pickles, Chives, Sour Cream, Dijon Mustard, Feta Stuffed Patty
6. The BBQ Burger
This sweet, smokey burger will satisfy your inner Southerner.
- Ingredients: Fried Shallots, Coleslaw, BBQ Sauce, Cheddar, Lettuce, Red Onion, Sourdough Bun
7. The Fajita Burger
Add a little Tex-Mex flare the whole family will love.
- Ingredients: Grilled Peppers, Grilled Onions, Tomato, Guacamole, Pepper Jack, Brioche Bun, (optional salsa)
- Special Instructions: Season 2 lb of our ground beef with 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder
8. The Holy Shiitake Burger
Earthy, savory, and delicious! Plus, what's not to love about the name?
- Ingredients: Shiitake Mushrooms, Garlic, Scallions, Cilantro, Sesame Seed Bun
9. The Breakfast Burger
Who says you can't have breakfast for dinner?
- Ingredients: Over-Easy Egg, Onion, Poblano Pepper, Tomato, Salsa Verde, Pepper Jack, Brioche Bun
10. Chef Jason’s Lamb Burger
Try something different at your next cookout with this mouthwatering lamb burger!
- Ingredients: Kale, Shallots, Chili-flake, lemon, goat cheese, lamb patty, Brioche Bun
- Special Instructions: Sautée shallots in butter and olive oil. Add chili flakes, lemon zest, chicken stock, salt, & pepper to shallots. Braise kale in shallot-mixture for 10 mins. Mix olive oil with the goat cheese and lightly salt. Place cheese and kale on top of burger.