Organic Grass Fed Meatballs
Greensbury's organic grass-fed beef are delivered straight to your door to make the meatballs adults will enjoy & kids will love. The garlic & pecorino are game changing.
The recipe calls for frying the meatballs, which is great. Trying to eat lighter and healthier? Cook them in the oven instead and then finish it on the stove with sauce.
Organic Beef Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound of Greensbury Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of parmesan or pecorino cheese, grated
- handful of parsley and basil, chopped finely
- 1 cup of bread, cut or torn into pieces
- 3/4 cup of milk or water
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (if you’re going to cook them in the oven).
- Soak the bread in the bowl of milk/water.
- Combine the organic ground beef (or any combination of it) with the garlic, egg, cheese, parsley and basil. If you’re substituting ground chicken, add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. I tend to put more garlic than this recipe calls for but I love the flavor of garlic. And feel free to add different types of meat: organic ground veal, organic ground pork, etc. You should have a pound of meat.
- Mix the bread into the organic grass fed ground beef mixture.
- Add milk
- If you’re frying your meatballs, make sure you have enough oil in the pan. And get the oil + pan hot before you start cooking them so you get a really nice crust. If you’re cooking them in the oven, it depends on the size of your meatballs. But typically I put them in there for about 15 minutes
- If you have a pot of sauce or gravy cooking, this is the perfect time to drop those meatballs in there. It keeps the meatballs moist and flavors your sauce
- Serve with your favorite pasta
Looking for some new ways to cook meatballs? Our blogger friend Olivia from My King Cook has an additional guide for you.