Kid Pleasing Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings (Mild)
Truth be told, this is an update to a recipe we posted in 2018. But after making the original recipe several times in the Greensbury Test Kitchen, we realized that version is a bit too spicy for some younger palates. So we dialed back the heat in this version for a recipe that is fully kid tested and approved!
Prefer something a little more "spirited?" Then check out our original recipe (no pun intended...).
Pro Tip: Both recipes cook at the same temperature, for the same amount of time, so you can make one batch mild and one batch spicy and have something for everyone!
- 2 pounds Organic Chicken Wings;
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt;
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder;
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar;
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika;
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper;
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (we prefer True Made Foods);
- 1⁄2 cup honey;
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (preferably True Made Foods' with no added sugar);
- 4 tablespoons butter;
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder;
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees;
- Wash, dry, and season the wings with the salt, garlic powder, sugar, paprika and pepper;
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper;
- Place wings in a single layer on the sheet try, and place in oven;
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven and flip over each wing;
- Return to oven and cook for another 20 minutes;
- While wings are cooking, make the sauce:
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and mix thoroughly;
- Place sauce pan over low heat and simmer while the wings finish cooking (stir occasionally);
- After 35-40 minutes of total cooking time, remove wings from the oven, dip each thoroughly in sauce and place back on the sheet tray (feel free to reserve any extra sauce for dipping later);
- Return wings to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling;
: Not much more to say other than enjoy!