Greek Spaghetti Casserole
Hayley Lucero (@realfoodwithaltitude) knows how to make a great casserole, and here, she's done it again! This Greek-inspired take on her delicious spaghetti casserole is, of course, Whole30 and Paleo-friendly, and it's sure to become a regular on your dinner menu!
1 pound Cooked, shredded chicken breast
1 Spaghetti squash
1 Green bell pepper- diced
1 Small red onion- diced
2 cups Halved grape tomatoes
1 cup Kalamata olives- sliced
2 cup Spinach
1 Jar artichoke hearts- roughly chopped
1/2 cup Feta cheese optional
1 Tbsp Fresh parsley
1 cup Coconut milk
1 Tbsp Joi Cashew base
2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Rosemary
1 Tbsp Garlic minced
1/2 Lemon juiced
1. Preheat oven to 400. Score spaghetti squash and place in the instant pot with 1 cup water for 15-20 minutes on high pressure depending on the size of the squash. If squash is to large to fit in the Instant Pot, cut it in half and put both halves in there. If you don’t have an instant pot, Scot the squash and microwave for 5 minutes at a time rotating every five minutes, and cook until fork-tender.
2. Heat a pan to medium heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss all the veggies in (green bell peppers, onion, olives, tomatoes, spinach, artichokes) into the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Sautee until tomatoes have "popped" and are soft or the spinach is wilted.
3. Next add the chicken to the pan and sautee until it is warm.
4. While the veggies finish cooking, combine all the "Sauce" ingredients into your blender (I use a Vitamix). Blend until smooth.
5. Combine all the veggies, chicken, spaghetti squash and sauce into a large mixing bowl. Making sure everything is combined and covered in sauce.
6. Put this mixture into a casserole dish, top with feta cheese and parsley. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to use ground chicken or shredded chicken- I use what I have on hand
Add any other veggies that you like on a Greek salad to the mix
If you are doing Whole30- leave out the feta cheese and this is still the perfect meal
If you don’t have JOI– just substitute with a cup of raw cashews and it will turn out the same