Coconut Fried Shrimp
This healthy twist on a classic shrimp favorite from Penny Kovacs (@pennysprimal) is sure to satisfy your cravings for fried shrimp. Delicious as both the main meal or party appetiezer!
1 lb Shrimp, cleaned and patted dry
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 egg, whisked in a small bowl
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup peach jam, unsweetened
- 4 tblsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan making sure oil is hot.
- Dredge shrimp in arrowroot flour then in egg and then in coconut.
- Cooking in batches approximately 2 minutes per side or until golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle with salt.