Chicken Lo Mein
Try this healthy recipe for Chicken Lo Mein from Penny Kovacs (@pennysprimal) if you're craving take out! You won't be disappointed.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup carrot sticks or shredded carrots
- 5 green onions sliced, reserving green slices for garnish
- 1 14.1 oz can hearts of palm "spaghetti", I like Julias Farm
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tblsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tblsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish
Heat sesame oil in a large fry pan.
Cook chicken over medium heat 2 minutes per side and move to a plate.
Add broccoli, carrots and onions to the pan stirring occasionally fir 5 minutes.
Mix in a bowl, coconut aminos, garlic and whisk in arrowroot and set aside.
Add hearts of palm "spaghetti", chicken and chestnuts to the pan stirring to combine.
Add coconut aminos mixture.
Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer 5 minutes.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.