Brussels Sprouts with Turkey Bacon
Let brussel sprouts take center stage with this delicious, kid-approved, diet-friendly recipe using Greensbury's organic turkey bacon that you can have delivered to your door.
Thanksgiving isn't all about the turkey. Here's one of our go-to sides, adapted from Bon Appetit.
- 2.5lbs, brussels sprouts (trimmed)
- 4oz organic turkey bacon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small chile, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Remove outer leaves from brussels sprouts; set aside. Halve sprouts; set aside.
- Pulse turkey bacon in a food processor until finely ground.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-low.
- Cook bacon, stirring often, until browned around edges and fat is rendered, about 4 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer breadcrumb mixture to paper towels and let cool slightly.
- Toss in a medium bowl with chile, thyme, and lemon zest; set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high and heat 2 tbsp. oil in same skillet.
- Add reserved halved brussels sprouts; season with salt.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until deeply browned all over, 5–8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet, add reserved leaves and 1 tbsp. lemon juice, and toss to combine.
- Cover skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until leaves are bright green and just wilted, 4–5 minutes.
- Uncover; add remaining 1 tbsp. lemon juice and season with salt.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to a platter, drizzle with more oil, and top with reserved breadcrumb mixture (reheat breadcrumb mixture if needed in a small skillet or in microwave).