Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Casserole
This recipe from Hayley Lucero (@realfoodwithaltitude) has few ingredients and takes no time to make. It is Paleo friendly and Whole30 compatible. Make sure to for a super easy weeknight meal.
1 Chicken Breast- shredded
- 2 heads Broccoli- chopped to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms- sliced
- 1/2 Small White onion- diced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp JOI cashew base If you don't have this you can also use 1 cup of cashews
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then cook your chicken however you prefer to shred it. For this recipe, I cook it with 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot for 13 minutes. Manually release the pressure, remove the chicken and shred it.
In a pan on medium-high heat, add mushrooms and onions with 1 tbsp olive oil and saute until the onions are translucent.
In a blender or food processor, combine all of the Cheese Sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth. Set aside a small amount to top the casserole with.
In a large mixing bowl combine, shredded chicken, broccoli, cooked onions and mushrooms, and the cheese sauce. Mix until everything is coated thoroughly with the cheese sauce.
Spray a casserole dish with your favorite non-stick spray and pour your casserole mix into the pan. Top with the cheese sauce that you set aside. Bake uncovered in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until broccoli gets slightly crispy.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you like rice, you can add cauliflower rice or regular rice.
- Sometimes I like to eat this with a little bit of ranch dressing on the side.
- You can prep this the night before and bake it the next day.
- Don’t be afraid to add any other veggies that sound good into the mix.
- You can buy JOI that is called for here. The code ALTITUDE gets you 10% off at checkout.