Big Green Egg Grilled Meatloaf
Order Greensbury's organic, grass-fed ground beef & add breadcrumbs, milk, and seasoning to grill up a crowd pleasing meatloaf. It's healthier and guilt-free.
By our Culinary Director Chef Scott Leibfried, this recipe was created as part of our giveaway series with Big Green Egg. Leftovers will be good for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1.5 hours at 275 degrees
- 3lbs of Greensbury organic, grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup Ketchup plus 1/2 cup reserved for the top
- 1/4 cup Banner Butter BBQ (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and the panko bread crumbs and set aside. You want the breadcrumbs to be soft and pasty before adding it to the beef.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients except the ½ cup ketchup. Mix thoroughly so all of the ingredients are combined.
- Shape the meatloaf on top of a sheet of aluminum foil and roll the edges of the foil up around the meatloaf. Leave some space between the meatloaf and the edges of the foil as this will allow you to capture the moisture that's released while the meatloaf cooks. You can use this later as a baste. Place on a baking tray that will fit on the surface of the grill.
- Spread the remaining ½ cup ketchup evenly over the top of the meatloaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Big Green Egg to 275 degrees.
- Place the meatloaf off to one side of the grill, but not in the exact center on the Big Green Egg. Cover and cook until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Check the internal temperature by inserting the probe thermometer into the thickest middle part of the meatloaf. Remove the meatloaf. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
Suggested wine pairing from Bright Cellars: Folk and Fable Red Blend
The smokey caramelized notes will complement any hot dog/burger/ grilled meats.
Interested in signing up for a subscription wine club with Bright Cellars? Follow our link and receive 50% off your first month!