Sirloin Steak Pizzaiola
A rare opportunity to have “Pizza” and “Gluten-Free” in the same sentence.
For the Steak:
- 2 (6 oz.) Sirloin Steaks
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
For the Pizza Topping:
- 2 tbsp. Roasted Red Peppers (cut into strips)
- 2 tbsp. Prepared Marinara Sauce
- 4 Slices Fresh Mozzarella (cut into ½ inch thick slices)
- 4 Leaves Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Season steaks with the extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Heat your grill or stove top pan to medium-high heat, sear the steak on both sides and cook to a doneness just below your preferred temperature (there is still some additional cooking left to do). Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then slice each steak into two equal halves.
3. Turn broiler to high. Top each piece of steak with roasted peppers, marinara and one slice of mozzarella. Place in the broiler briefly, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Finish with torn basil leaves before serving.
Tip: If preferred, you can do everything except the broiling ahead of time. If doing so, allow the steak to come to room temperature before assembling and broiling.
Total prep/cooking time: 12 minutes
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Asparagus