Sesame Peppercorn Crusted Filet Mignon
The strong flavors of the sesame and peppercorn are complimented with this light, refreshing edamame salad
For the Steak:
- 2 (6oz.) Filet Mignon
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Black Peppercorns (coarse ground)
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
For the Crushed Edamame Salad:
- ¾ Cup Edamame (shelled)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (small diced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (small diced)
- ½ Cup Carrot (shredded)
- 2 tbsp. Scallions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Cilantro (finely chopped)
- ¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. In a blender or food processor, pulse the edamame pods lightly until they are halved in size, reminiscent of a relish. Mix in all remaining salad ingredients and reserve to serve with the steak.
2. Dress the steak with salt and olive oil and cook to the desired temperature using your preferred cooking method.. Immediately season the steak with the sesame oil and then coat with the peppercorns. Allow to rest for two minutes and then serve with the edamame salad.
Tip: When flavoring a steak after the cooking process if finished, be sure to do so immediately so the juices that seep from the steak while resting mesh with the new seasoning flavors.
Total prep/cooking time: 15 minutes
- Zucchini Pancake (Gluten Free)
- Steamed Broccoli