Roasted Garlic and Oregano-Basted Salmon Kabobs
These Salmon kabobs work great as an appetizer or hors d’ oeuvres for a summer party.
For the Salmon Kabobs:
- 2 (6 oz.) Salmon Filets (cut into roughly six cubes)
- ½ Zucchini (cut into about eight pieces)
- 1 Large Red Onion (cut into about eight pieces)
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper (cut into about eight pieces)
- 8 Large Kalamata Olives (pitted)
- 4 Steel or Bamboo Skewers (at least 10” long)
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
For the Garlic and Oregano Baste:
- 8 Whole Garlic Cloves (Peeled)
- ¾ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Rub the garlic with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes until the garlic is softened. In a food processor or blender, puree the garlic with the ½ cup of olive oil until smooth. Add the remaining olive oil, lemon zest and juice, fresh herbs, and seasoning. Pulse a few times to incorporate.
2. Assemble the skewers with equal pieces of the zucchini, red onion, bell pepper, olives and salmon. Ideally, begin and end each skewer with a piece of salmon. Generously baste both sides of the kabobs with the pureed marinade.
3. To cook, Grill or bake the kabobs on all four sides – about two minutes on each side, or until the salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145°.
Tip: If using bamboo (or any other wooden skewers) soak your skewers in water ahead of preparing this meal so they don’t burn while cooking.
Total prep/cooking time: 20 minutes
- Fruit Salad
- Cucumber Salad