Quick and Easy Shrimp Scampi
A simple, quick recipe that will wow your family every time you make it.
For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Garlic (roasted and mashed)
- 2 tbsp. Shallot (finely diced)
- ½ c. White Wine
- 1 Lemon (zested and juiced)
- ¼ lb. Butter (cubed)
- 2 tbsp. Italian Parsley (chopped)
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
For the Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus:
- ½ Bunch Asparagus
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Prosciutto
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Separate the asparagus into four equal portions and dress with olive oil, grated parmesan, and salt and pepper. Wrap each bunch of asparagus with a slice of the prosciutto and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the asparagus is softened and the prosciutto is crispy.
2. In a medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the raw shrimp. Sauté for 2 minutes on each side. Add the shallots and roasted garlic. Continue to cook all ingredients until the shrimp become red in color and the center is no longer opaque.
3. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and allow to cook for 1 minute. Add the butter to the pan by swirling the butter into the remaining liquid creating a pan sauce. Finish the sauce with the juice and zest of the lemon, Italian parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Top the cooked shrimp and sauce over top of the asparagus and serve.
Tip:Roasted garlic will give your scampi sauce a smoother flavor, but raw garlic can be used if you don’t have time to roast the garlic. The shrimp can also be used as a sauce for pasta by adding stock and more butter.
Total prep/cooking time: 15 minutes
- Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Slices
- Scrambled Eggs with Butter and Parmesan Cheese