Mozzarella Stuffed All-Beef Meatballs
Your kids will flip over this recipe. Toss them in marinara sauce and you have Meatball Parmesan.
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 whole egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp. Pecorino Romano (grated)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp. Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- ¼ c. Italian Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Ice Water (reserve for the end
- 8-10 pcs Ciligene Mozzarella (small balls)
- 1 pint Marinara Sauce (for serving)
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a small bowl, mix the milk and breadcrumbs and set aside.
3. Combine remaining ingredients (except the ice water, mozzarella and marinara) in listed order into a medium mixing bowl and mix by gently by hand until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. Add the ice water to the bowl a mix thoroughly. This makes the mix easier to handle and ensures that all ingredients are released from the bowl.
5. Divide the mix into 8-10 equal scoops or use a ¼ cup measuring cup to portion the mix. Form each mix over the Ciligene Mozzarella ball forming a meatball around the cheese so that the cheese is the core of each meatball.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees. Serve with Marinara Sauce.
Tip: This recipe also makes a great appetizer as a treat for adults as it makes 8-10 3oz. Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. By removing the cheese, you also have an All-Beef Meatball Recipe.
Total prep/cooking time: 30 minutes
- Pasta with Butter and Cheese
- Sautéed Broccoli Rabe with Olive Oil