Brava Korean Fried Chicken Wings
Enjoy our delicious USDA Organic Chicken Wings in this spicy sweet Korean sauce.
• 2½ lbs chicken wings
• 2½ teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons gochujang
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 cloves garlic, smashed
• 1” piece ginger, peeled
• ½ teaspoon sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
• Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels.
• Combine wings with baking powder, a couple pinches of kosher salt and black pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
• Place wings in single layer on baking sheet and refrigerate, uncovered, for 1–12 hours.
• The longer the baking powder and salt mixture sits on the wings in the refrigerator, the more the skin will dry out and the crispier the wings will become.
• Place wings in Zones 1, 2 and 3 of Brava metal tray.
• Slide metal tray into bottom shelf. Press green button to begin cooking.
• While food cooks, prepare sauce.
• In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, gochujang, 3 tablespoons water, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
• Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
• Remove garlic and ginger and discard.
• Transfer sauce to large bowl.
Toss & Serve:
• Once the cook is completed, transfer wings to bowl with sauce.
• Using tongs, toss wings in sauce until evenly coated.
• Arrange wings on serving platter.
• Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.